#MRWomenToday listen again: ToughMann (& womann!)
On the programme today...
- we had a roundup of some of the things happening around the Isle of Man this weekend – including a chat with Ali DeBacker from the Castletown Chamber of Commerce to find out how the Square will be transformed into a market place this Saturday;
- Howard Caine went a bit batty on his penultimate day of the #30DaysWild challenge;
- also today, as it’s been revealed that Margaret Thatcher was the champion of chambermaids as she always made her made when away on diplomatic visits – we asked you - if you’re staying in a hotel do you make the bed when you’re out for the day or before you leave? and many of you got in touch to air your notsodirty linen;
- we heard from Andrew Shanahan, a man wanted to lose weight and get fit but was fed up by the fact that so many fitness classes just didn’t appeal to him and got so motivated by his frustrations that he set up something called ‘MAN V FAT’ - which now has over 3000 members across the UK in 24 leagues and has seen them lose a combined total of more than 34 tonnes in just 2 years! If you like the sound of it and fancy setting up a league on the Isle of Man, you can join up at www.manvfatfootball.org and get more information by calling 0845 163 0042 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- and, as men and women alike are preparing to once again have their physical strength and mental courage tested in an experience which really is difficult to put into words...we were joined in the studio by three superfit folk who were able to shed some light on ToughMann, which is celebrating its fifth anniversary this year. Warm-up expert (and former competitor) Dean Blackwell and fellow fitness expert Berti Convery - who is the only woman braving 'doing the double' as she plans to tackle ToughMann TWICE - both from West Coast Fitness came in to see us along with joined by Gavin Smith from event sponsors Manx Telecom. If you want to find out more about ToughMann and to sign up, visit their website here;
If you missed the show, you can listen again for the next 7 days. And check back later for the post-show video of Dean putting the girls through their paces...