Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Managing Director
Job Location: Broadcasting House, Isle of Man.
The Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for Manx Radio. The position will be based in the reception area and will undertake reception duties alongside providing crucial administrative support across the organisation. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business alongside co-ordinating front desk activities.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Welcome visitors by greeting them as first point of contact for enquires within the station
- Answering incoming calls to the station and answering queries or referring to the correct individual
- Monitor the Reception email inbox, answering queries or referring to the correct individual/department.
- Maintain security by following procedures, monitoring a visitor log book and car registration details.
- Maintain a safe, clean and presentable reception area by complying with Health and Safety procedures.
- Daily sorting of incoming / outgoing post
- Ensure the drinks station is clean, safe and well stocked, ordering replenishments when required.
- You will be responsible for the stock control of stationery, ensuring that replenishment orders are placed timely and distributing stationery requests.
- You will be responsible for adding content of obituaries onto the Manx Radio website
- Control the organisation of competition prizes, contacting winners and distribution of prizes, keeping accurate records of prize status for audit purposes
- You will be responsible for adding / updating information to the ‘What’s on’ guide on the station web page
- Ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organised and methodical with the ability to multitask.
- An effective communicator
- Able to work well alone or in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
Education & Experience
- Customer relations experience
- Good general level of education
- Previous administration experience desirable.
- Stock control experience is advantageous.
Manx Radio is committed to being an equal opportunity employer with the aim to have a diverse workforce. We will consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. We encourage and consider flexible working arrangements for all roles.
If you have the passion, drive and skills for this exciting position please forward your covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 8th March 2021 at 5pm.