#MRWomenToday: Jeff Brazier; the Queen's Crown; timeless treasures
On the programme today: -
- we looked at Theresa May's 25 year plan to deal with the plastic problem, and heard from local campaigner Bill Dale on his own fantastic progress
- Beth spoke with Jeff Brazier about how you can turn the time you spend taxi'ing your children around into something positive for all;
- we heard about a very special car in Northern Island whose driver is dealing with depression in an inventive way;
- we found out the Royal Crown is a real headache for Her Majesty - and how one of her Royal butchers inadvertently saved the life of a man in Cornwall;
- we looked through the dated delights in a box of treasures saved for us by listener David, who - when his mother sadly passed away last year - found all manner of magazines, books and items of clothing that she'd left behind in pristine order, dating from the 40s to recent times (pictured: some wonderful advice for the housewife taken from the one of the books).
- and out talking topic was TOAST - which way do you cut yours?
If you missed the programme you can listen again at this link for the next 7 days
Don't forget this weekend is our first 50 Things Challenge and it is, quite simply, Bake a Cake! If you join us in our challenge we'd love to get your pictures or video or audio - send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Monday. Or post them to social media using the hashtag #MR50Things