On Air Manx Radio Breakfast Ben Hartley & Sian Cowper | 7:30am - 9:30am
I'm Living with a Disability
I'm Living with a Disability:
- The blind or disabled persons allowance is staying at £2,900
- Disability Living Allowance is going up by 5% generally but 3.1% for higher rate mobility component
- Attendance Allowance is going up by 5%
- Incapacity Benefit Youth up by 3.1%
- Income Support Carer Premium up 26.4% from £69.20 for a single person and £103.80 for a couple to around £87.50 and £131.20 respectively.
- Income Support Disability is going up by 5% from £62.15 for a single person and £93.25 per couple to around £65.25 and £97.91 respectively.
- Disabled Child Premiums up by 5% from £47.45 to around £49.82
- Long Term Incapacity Benefit - up 3.1% from £114.70 to around £118.25
- Short Term Incapacity Benefit - up 3.1% from £86.55 to around £89.23
- Nursing Care Contribution up by 3.1% from £185 to around £190.74
- £2.74m is going to Department of Education, Sport and Culture to increase the Additional Educational Needs provision on the Island
- A total of £16.8m has been allocated in relation to new services and growth funding for Manx Care, which will include Investment in supporting services in the areas of long Covid and ME