All episodes

Manx Newscast

Arbory and Rushen Commissioners says residents left in 'void' over onshore windfarm

6 minutes | Saturday, 2 May 2026

The chair of Arbory and Rushen Commissioners says the lack of information about the Cair Vie windfarm is 'disappointing'. Kirrie Jenkins believes there's been no updates on Manx Utilities Earystane project since March last year and residents have been left in a 'void'.The local authority has written to Tynwald members asking them to 'scrutinise' Manx Utilities proposals before formal processes 'limit' their ability to engage.Mrs Jenkins says the board has been told an application for the project is 'imminent'. Local Democracy Reporter Emma Draper has been speaking to her.

Arbory and Rushen Commissioners says residents left in 'void' over onshore windfarm
Manx Newscast

-
Use the arrow keys to increase and decrease the volume, or space to toggle mute.