On Air Saturday Live Paul Moran | 12:30pm - 5:00pm

Rally rebuild tougher this time, says former organiser

Rally dropped from BRC calendar for 2019

Rally Isle of Man has come back from the dead before, but the latest attempt to revive it will be more difficult than last time.

That's the belief of Manx Radio's rally correspondent, Chris Boyde, who also used to be involved in the organisation of the event.

The 2018 running of it, due to take place this week, was cancelled last week, causing inconvenience, frustration, and financial losses for teams, fans, media and local businesses alike.

A further blow came this week when British Rally Championship organisers announced they were dropping Rally Isle of Man from next year's calendar.

Chris Boyde says the event's organisers won't be calling it quits, but there's a lot of work ahead, and it'll be tougher than when it was brought back in 2012.

More from Isle of Man News