On Air Saturday Breakfast Club Kim Quine | 6:00am - 8:30am

Prohibited areas a 'success', says Chief

Police say the new prohibited areas introduced for this year’s TT have been a safety success.

Chief Constable Mike Langdon says following the controversy surrounding the areas, which were introduced after the triple TT inquest held earlier this year, they’ve already proved their worth.

Problems also surrounded the signs at such areas, which had been stolen before the festival started.

But the Chief Constable says one incident in particular shows why the areas are needed (audio file attached):

Clip 1

More from Isle of Man News