On Air Early Breakfast Chris Williams | 5:00am - 7:30am

Ramsey stove fire prompts warning

 

Fire crews are reminding people not to leave pans unattended after a flat fire on Thursday night.

 

Neighbours raised the alarm shortly after half-past-midnight when they smelt smoke and heard an alarm sound in Bircham Avenue in Ramsey.

 

Crews from Ramsey, Laxey, Kirk Michael, and Douglas rushed to the scene, and used a thermal imaging camera to find a householder inside.

 

They were taken to Noble’s Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

 

The fire service says a pan left on a stove caused the blaze.

 

More from Isle of Man News