Animal coaxed back into flat unharmed
The fire service had an unusual rescue to carry out yesterday afternoon.
A dog had got out of the window of a first-floor flat on Castle Street in Douglas and was on a narrow ledge above one of the shops.
A post on the fire service's Facebook page says crews, using a ladder and some excellent pet management skills, managed to coax the dog back through the window and back to safety inside the flat.
A crowd of shoppers out on the pedestrianised street gathered around to watch the action unfold.