On Air Afternoon Show Chris Quirk | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Douglas fire crews tackle toaster blaze

Incident occurred on Bucks Road

A toaster fire prompted a call out to emergency services in Douglas yesterday. (24 May)

At around 4pm fire crews entered the property on Bucks Road to find the device on fire and beginning to spread to the surrounding units.

The blaze was quickly extinguished using a high pressure hose reel, and crews were stood down after an hour.

The fire service says thanks to the early warning provided by the building's smoke alarms the incident was dealt with quickly and caused minimal damage.

 

More from Isle of Man News