On Air After Hours Dave Moore | 10:00pm - Midnight

E-cig warning from fire service

Item bursts into flames while charging

The Island’s Fire and Rescue Service is warning people about the potential dangers of e-cigarettes after an incident on the Island. 

On its Facebook page, the organisation says it’s dealt with a case on the Island where a device was charging and burst into flames. 

It follows a number of cases in the UK, and the service says the Manx incident could have ended in disaster had the family not been present when it happened. 

The advice is to make sure both the e-cigarette and its charger are in good condition, and not to leave them charging overnight or unattended.

More from Isle of Man News