On Air Alex in The Afternoon Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Fire crews called to tumble dryer fire

Electric cable damage caused blaze in Ramsey

Fire crews were called to a house in Ramsey this morning (Saturday).

A tumble dryer caught fire at the property in Pairk Ollay estate.

Firefighters identified an electric cable near to the dryer the cause of the blaze, after it had worn away. 

The fire service is reminding the public the importance of checking electric cables fro damage to avoid situations like these.

Damage was limited to the floor and appliance and no one was harmed.

More from Isle of Man News