Fire crews were called out to a house fire in Ballabrooie, Douglas, just before 11.30 last night.
Upon arrival they were faced with a smoke-filled property.
The owner arrived shortly behind the first engine, worried about their son who was believed to be inside the property.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went in, and quickly established the house was unoccupied.
They also found the fire was isolated to a pan left on the hob within the kitchen.
Neighbours were praised by one of the fire officers present, who said they acted swiftly upon hearing the smoke alarms sounding, and called 999.
There were no injuries.