On Air Alex in The Afternoon Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Fire in Marashen crescent

Householder receives oxygen after smoke inhalation

Fire services were called to a house fire in Marashen Crescent last night (Sat)

The call out came around 9.45pm and firemen quickly identified a fault with the propery's boiler which they isolated to make safe.

The householder received oxygen after inhaling smoke and the property itself was undamaged.

Crews spent around 30 minutes at the scene.

Fire services are again reminding the public of the importance of having working smoke alarms fitted to their properties.

More from Isle of Man News