The Isle of Man Fire Service says more electric blankets than ever before have been tested as part of its bi-annual campaign to ensure safety in the home.
Well over 200 were taken to one of the testing points at the end of last week, with around half failing to make the grade when it came to safety.
Among the blankets brought in for inspection was one more than 60 years old which had asbestos elements.
It failed the test, but fortunately hadn't been used for some time.
However Clive MacDonald, who carries out the testing, says it's not just old blankets that have problems: