Flat was empty at the time
A flat fire on the Lezayre Estate in Ramsey this morning led to a major callout for the fire service.
Crews from Ramsey, Kirk Michael, Laxey and Douglas stations responded at around 11.20am, after reports of smoke coming from the property.
One team went in the flat and quickly confirmed no one was inside.
The cause of the smoke was found to be an oven and hob which had been left on and unattended.
Once they'd switched the oven off, crews stayed for a further 20 minutes to ensure the remaining smoke had been cleared.