Residents unhurt, fire crew on scene
Emergency services are at the scene of a gas explosion at an apartment block in south Douglas this morning (16 April).
It happened at 7.25 am at a property in Clybane Court in the Farmhill area, sparking a fire which has left an outside wall charred.
No one is thought to have been hurt in the incident, and residents have been safely moved from the building.
Neighbours have described being woken by a loud bang and hearing residents in the apartment urged to leave, as police and fire crews arrived in Clybane Road.
Fire and rescue officers are inspecting the property, it's not clear yet what sparked the explosion.
Police remain at the scene as residents await the all-clear to return to their homes.