Householders are being reminded about the importance of knowing where your fusebox is, in the case of an emergency.
It follows a call out by Port Erin fire service today (Thurs) to a property near the Level in Colby.
The house owner reported that an electrical appliance was on fire in the front room of their property. Firemen isolated the power supply from the overheated device and removed it from the property and the house was then checked by MUA staff who were working in the area.
Fire services say in the case of electrical fires, householders should be familiar with the main electrical switch for their property, where fuses are located and the operation of residual current devices or circuit breakers if they are fitted.