.jpg)
A GP who had been under police investigation for four months has been told he will not be facing any charges.
A short statement from the Isle of Man Constabulary this evening says an enquiry into allegations against Dr Damian Smith has concluded and, following advice from the Attorney General's Chambers, no charges will be brought.
Dr Smith was arrested on January 14, after information had been passed to the police.
Three days later the Peel Group Practice said that, with immediate effect, he was no longer a partner.
No information has been released about the nature of the investigation, although police did confirm it had nothing to do with his competence to practice, or his patients or staff.
TUC and Bus Vannin urge public not to be abusive to bus staff during strikes
Contingency timetable takes effect as bus drivers stage strike action
Manx Care 'has to' show improvements from £45m cash injection, says treasury minister
