Visits only allowed in exceptional circumstances
A number of medical services are being suspended in response to the latest lockdown.
Health Minister David Ashford says the main focus will remain on urgent and emergency care.
He gave a detailed list of the restrictions in place at the latest media briefing:
A list of the latest restrictions can be found below:
- Restriction on visiting, including Noble's and Ramsey Cottage hospital, is the same as last circuit break.
- Visits only allowed in exceptional circumstances, and in agreement with ward or centre managers.
- DHSC residential homes for older people, dementia care and residential units, and learning disability community homes all closed to non-essential visitors.
- Adult Social Care day services suspended in line with stay at home advice and to avoid mixing - that applies to older people's, dementia care, and learning disability day services Island-wide.
- Learning disability and older people's respite care facilities available on a case-by-case basis to meet assessed essential news.
- Community health and care services to continue in most areas but with PPE use in place.
- Mental health services - inpatient wards at Manannan Court to offer care as normal with use of PPE, visits restricted to exceptional reasons only.
- Cancer screening services will continue to operate as usual, excluding the Staywell clinic.
- DHSC says it's important patients go to their appointments unless they live with someone who has symptoms.
- Several community-based teams will continue to offer face-to-face outpatient review and community visits where it is considered clinically necessary, with use of PPE.
- Where safe and viable, telephone contact preferred mode of contact.
- This applies to community wellbeing services, the crisis response home treatment team, child and adolescent mental health service, community mental health service for adults, older persons mental health services for adults, drug and alcohol team.
- Diagnostic imaging will continue as normal unless patients with appointments are advised of a change.