Advice issued after incident in Douglas
The fire service is urging those with open fires to ensure they're properly maintained and fitted correctly, after being called out over the weekend.
Crews from Douglas attended an incident at a property on Woodbourne Square on Saturday evening.
Smoke was seen coming from underneath the floorboards and behind the skirting boards in a first-floor flat, which officers determined was coming from underneath a fire place hearth.
The team cut away floorboards and the hearth to expose the floor joists and allow the fire to be extinguished, preventing it from spreading further.
The fire service is also advising those with open fires to always use a spark guard, keep chimneys swept and only burn suitable fuels.