A collection of fossils which has been on loan to the Manx Museum for over 70 years, is being donated to Manx National Heritage.
They were collected from the limestone around Castletown by Joseph George Cumming, who was Vice-Principal of King William's College between 1841 and 1856.
The fossils are from marine life from 300 million years ago when the land we now know as the Isle of Man was part of a tropical sea.
The collection was kept in the college's library and museum after Mr Cumming left the Isle of Man.
They were eventually loaned to the Manx Museum in 1936 and have been there ever since.
Now, with the help of retired head of geography Bill Morton, the trustees of the Bishop Barrow's Charity, which administers the College, have agreed to officially donate the collection to Manx National Heritage.