On Air One to Three Christy Dehaven | 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Port Erin house fire - occupants taken to hospital

The Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service is warning people not to leave pans unattended after a fire at a house in Port Erin.

Four fire crews went to the property in Fairy Hill on Ballafesson Road, just after 1.30am on Saturday, following reports people were trapped inside.

When they arrived, they found neighbours who had heard the smoke alarms had rescued the two occupants.

They were given oxygen and taken to Noble's Hospital by ambulance.

The fire crews spent an hour ventilating the house.


More from Isle of Man News