On Air Mannin Line Andy Wint | Noon - 1:00pm

Public responds well to safety message

There's been a big reduction in the number of injuries from fireworks in the Isle of Man, but people are still being told to be careful.

Last year there were only eleven reported incidents, down from 29 the previous year.

However, the Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service is urging people not to forget fireworks are essentially explosive devices.

Legislation enacted by Tynwald at this month's sitting allows them to be set off from this coming Friday, six days before bonfire night, until midnight on the Monday following November 5.

Fire Safety Officer Carl Kinvig says organised fireworks displays can be easier than having them at home:

Clip 1

More from Isle of Man News