On Air Alex in The Afternoon Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Restaurant oven catches fire

Fire crews from Ramsey were called to a restaurant in Parliament Street where a fire had started in an oven on Friday evening.

The staff had tried to extinguish it but had been unable to, so called the fire service while evacuating the premises.

Fire crews entered the kitchen of the restaurant wearing breathing apparatus and quickly brought the fire under control.

After they had extinguished it they took the oven outside, where they continued to apply water, to ensure it was cool and safe before they left.

Damage was confined to the area immediately surrounding the oven but an electrician was brought in to ensure the electrical supply was made safe.

More from Isle of Man News