On Air Late Lunch Christy Dehaven & Howard Caine | 1:00pm - 3:00pm

Smoke detector proves its worth

A Glen Vine resident was alerted to a fire by a smoke detector.

The person was returning home when they heard the alarm inside, and called the Fire and Rescue Service from a neighbour's house.

Two crews arrived to find the kitchen well ablaze and, although the flames were quickly extinguished, open doors led to heat and smoke damage throughout the property.

Fire officers say everybody should have smoke detectors fitted in their homes and the batteries should be regularly checked. 

The alarm was raised at about 3.30pm on Friday.


More from Isle of Man News