On Air George Ferguson In for Alex | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Three treated for smoke inhalation following fire

Crews called to Harcroft Meadows

Three people were checked over for smoke inhalation this morning, following a kitchen fire at a property in Harcroft Meadow in Douglas.

Two major appliances from Douglas fire station were mobilised at around 10.20am.

A team wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and discovered a fire in the kitchen, which was promptly extinguished.

A ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke from the building and crews were in attendance for approximately 45 minutes.

Smoke alarms had given the occupants early warning about the fire, enabling them to get out before it took hold.

More from Isle of Man News