On Air Island Life Manx Memories - The 1918 General Strike | 8:15pm - 8:30pm

Saturday's sailing to Heysham and back has been cancelled

Updates on tomorrow's sailings expected by 2pm

The Steam Packet has announced this morning's sailing to Heysham, and the afternoon return to Douglas, have both been cancelled due to the forecast adverse weather conditions.

If you have a registered online account, you can amend your booking on the Isle of Man Steam Packet website.

Or, you can contact the reservations team on 661661 from 7:30.

The Ben-my-Chree did travel overnight, but tomorrow's sailings are also subject to a possible delay based on the current forecast.

We'll know more this afternoon - with a further update expected by 2pm.

 

There are two yellow weather warnings today.

The first is for snow and ice, which is in place already - temperatures are expected to fall below zero, especially on higher ground, leading to icy patches on untreated surfaces.

Blizzard conditions are also expected this afternoon, especially over the Mountain Road, with some snow and severe gale to storm force southwest wind until around 9pm.

The second warning is for severe gales and coastal overtopping, carried by Storm Jorge from this afternoon.

Travel disruption and a risk of minor structural damage is expected in places, as average wind speeds rise to 45-50 mph, gusting at above 60, with those speeds set to escalte throughout the afternoon and evening.

Coastal overtopping is also expected around the time of the high tides - which are at 2:30 this afternoon and at three o'clock in the morning tomorrow.

The Met Office says the warning could yet be upgraded to amber at a later time as necessary.

More from Isle of Man News