On Air The Afternoon Show Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Tumble drier fire in Port Erin

Households reminded to check appliances

Householders are being reminded to keep tumble driers in good working order - and ensure filters are regularly cleaned.

The advice from fire services follows an incident in Port Erin this morning (Mon).

Crews were called out just after 6.30am following reports of smoke coming from an outhouse to a property in Ballfurt Road.

On arrival, they discovered slight smoke logging to the property caused by an overheated tumble dryer.

The appliance was made safe and remaining smoke cleared from the property.

Crews were in attendance approximately 30 minutes.

More from Isle of Man News