On Air Alex in The Afternoon Alex Brindley | 3:00pm - 5:30pm

Tumble dryer blaze prompts warning

Don't tackle flames yourself, say firefighters

Firefighters are reminding people to get out, stay out and call them out after a blaze in Douglas.

 

The incident happened shortly after 6.30pm on Sunday when a tumble dryer caught light at a home on Cambridge Terrace.

 

Despite the two residents managing to put the fire out themselves, they had to be treated for smoke inhalation – sparking the warning from the Island’s fire and rescue service.

 

A spokesman says people shouldn’t try to extinguish fires themselves, as breathing in smoke can quickly render them unconscious.

More from Isle of Man News