On Air Night Flight | 1:00am - 5:00am

Two treated after house fire

A Port Erin couple had a lucky escape after waking to find their house smoke-logged this morning (Friday).

The alarm was raised just before 6.30am when two fire crews from the village and another from Castletown were called out to reports two people were trapped in a house fire on Bradda Road.

Firemen had to break into the property to rescue the occupants and used thermal imaging equipment to identify the source of the smoke, which was traced to a fault in an old oil boiler.

A woman from the house was taken to Noble's Hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation. The other occupant of the house was treated by paramedics at the scene.

Fire services say it's yet another example of the vital importance of fitting smoke alarms to your property and ensuring they work properly by weekly checks.

More from Isle of Man News