Lack of silt dredging to blame, says Steam Packet
Sailings between the Isle of Man and Heysham have had to be rescheduled for four days from tomorrow morning.
The Steam Packet says this is due to the failure of an agreed dredging programme with the port's owners.
A survey, the results of which were announced yesterday afternoon, has forced the Packet to move sailings, due to the water being of insufficient depth to safely use the port at its scheduled times.
The changes are as follows:
- Douglas to Heysham 8am will now depart at 9am.
- Douglas to Heysham 7pm will now depart at 6.30pm.
- Douglas to Heysham 8.45am will now depart at 7.30am.
- Heysham to Douglas 2.15pm will now depart at 2.45pm.
- Heysham to Douglas 2.15am will now depart at 1am.