On Air Goll as Gaccan Simon Clarke & Phil Gawne | 4:00pm - 6:00pm

Willaston resident and dog treated for smoke inhalation

Cardboard box left on the hob

A Willaston resident and their dog has to be treated for smoke inhalation, following a kitchen first at their home early this morning.

Crews from Douglas were called to the incident; upon arrival they found both the kitchen and the lounge had filled with smoke.

Officers wearing breathing equipment entered the house and found a cardboard box had been left on the hob, which was on.

The fire service is thanking the Isle of Man Ambulance and Paramedic Service for attending and taking care of the casualty and Paws for Therapy for providing pet oxygen masks.

Crews were in attendance for around 45 minutes.

More from Isle of Man News