On Air Greatest Hits Chris Kinley | 6:30pm - 9:00pm

Woman receives medical treatment

An electrical fire has damaged an office in the centre of Douglas.

Fire crews were called to the premises in Circular Road after reports of a smell of smoke in the computer suite.

Officers wearing breathing apparatus could find no sign of a fire, but when the system was switched back on, the power supply unit burst into flames.

One woman was treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire service is urging companies to ensure all electrical equipment is tested regularly.

More from Isle of Man News