Fire services were called to an incident in Ramsey on Monday, following a report that a disabled person was unable to get out of her flat after a fire had broken out there.
Three appliances from Ramsey and an aerial ladder platform attended the scene on Mooragh Promenade. Another appliance from Kirk Michael also attended.
The fire was on the first floor and crews found the flat owner on the landing outside her flat. She was safely removed to the ground floor.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire in the kitchen using a hose reel. The blaze was confined to the microwave and the surrounding kitchen surfaces.
The occupant of the flat was given precautionary check-up at the scene by ambulance personnel.