The report promises five recommendations
Future development of unoccupied urban sites in the Isle of Man is at the heart of a new consultancy report by the Department for Enterprise.
Following Tynwald approval, the report looks into urban development agency models and has come up with five key recommendations:
- Establish a development agency that is autonomous, in corporate form, and accountable through transparency and trust.
- Provide the development agency with sufficient powers to achieve its strategic goals, set within an agreed master plan.
- Identify strategic redevelopment areas and provide the framework to deliver cost neutral development outcomes.
- Establish and maintain a flexible fiscal and funding environment in which development is economically viable.
- Coordinate multi-agency and government initiatives to maintain economic development.
You can view the consultancy report online at gov.im