On Air Night Flight | 1:00am - 5:00am

Advice to heed suspicions over gas leaks

Impact could have been much worse

Island residents are being urged to have any concerns about gas leaks checked out - however unsure they are.

The advice follows an emergency in the Farmhill area of Douglas yesterday (Saturday) when a mains leak ignited gas in a meter cupboard on an apartment block, sparking a fire.

Fire chiefs are urging Island residents to ensure gas boilers and appliances are serviced regularly, and to install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.

Middle MHK Howard Quayle spoke to residents from Clybane Court, which was evacuated during the incident.


Mr Quayle says he's relieved the outcome wasn't more serious - and the incident is a lesson to us all:

More from Isle of Man News