Fears trespassers at risk from deadly dust
A warning not to enter derelict buildings has been issued to the Manx public, amid fears trespassers have been exposed to asbestos.
The government's Health and Safety Inspectorate is urging those responsible for old buildings containing asbestos to secure the site until it is safely removed.
They're also being told to minimise the risk to intruders who do gain access, by posting warning signs.
The Inspectorate won't say where the incident happened.
Director of Environment Safety and Health Bernard Warden says deadly asbestos dust may have been accidentally dislodged: