Around 50,000 litres of fresh water was used
Members of the public are being cautioned to avoid using disposable BBQ's in the countryside.
This after it emerged yesterdays fire at Groudle Headland was caused by two disposal BBQ's and a number of glass bottles.
Crews from Douglas and Laxey used three pumps, two R.I.V's and a water carrier to deal with the 'wildfire'.
In a statement, the Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service said if BBQ's are used in the countryside there's a 'high risk' another incident like this could happen.