On Air Saturday Live Lounge Christy Dehaven | 5:00pm - 7:00pm

Firefighters called to Peel property

Breathing apparatus used to enter house

Two fire crews from Peel dealt with an incident at a property on Peveril Road this morning.

On arrival, shortly before 8am, they found smoke billowing from the front of the property.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the house and discovered the cause of the smoke to be burned foodstuffs left on a hob.

The occupant of the property had safely evacuated the premises prior to the arrival of fire crews.

A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to remove smoke from the property. Crews were inj attendance for around 90 minutes.

More from Isle of Man News