On Air The Opera Hour Ernie Thorn | 9:00pm - 10:00pm

Bus fire tackled in the north of the Island

Wood-burning stove thought to be responsible

A bus which was being used as accommodation caught fire in the north of the Island last night.

Two appliances from Ramsey were dispatched at around 10.35pm to the converted double-decker, which was at Ballabane, on the coast road between Smeale and Bride.

Firefighters used two hose reels and a nine-metre ladder to extinguish the fire, which is believed to have been caused by a faulty flue from a wood-burning stove on board the bus.

The vehicle's top deck was badly damaged.

Crews were in attendance for approximately one hour, damping down the scene.

More from Isle of Man News