On Air Manx Radio Breakfast Ben Hartley & Sian Cowper | 7:30am - 9:30am

Colonel overheats at KFC

 

Fire services attended a fast food outlet in Douglas this morning (Sat) after reports of smoke coming from a sign.

The call out to KFC in Douglas came just after 9am.

Firemen found the property to be smoke logged and a smouldering fire in the neon sign outside the building.

Crews used a hosereel to extinguish the flames then cut away the sign to stop the fire spreading to the building.

A fan was used to ventilate the restaurant and the property next door which had also become smoke logged. Fortunately, the restaurant itself wasn't damaged and can continue trading as usual this afternoon.

Crews left the scene around 10.15am

 

More from Isle of Man News