On Air Night Flight | Midnight - 5:00am

Cooker flue sparks blaze in Castletown

Officers called to property last night

An overheating cooker flue was the cause of a house fire in Castletown last night (15 Feb).

Fire crews were called to a property on Malew Street at around 9pm where it was discovered a section of the kitchen roof was ablaze.

It took fire fighters more than an hour to douse the flames, cut away burnt timbers and secure the property.

The Fire and Rescue Service has reminded the public to ensure all chimneys and flues are regularly maintained and cleaned to minimise risk.

More from Isle of Man News