On Air Saturday Breakfast Club George Ferguson | 6:00am - 8:30am

Cracked wood burner set off carbon monoxide alarm

Fire crews and paramedics called to scene in Peel

Fire crews and paramedics were called to Peel in the early hours of this morning after a wood burner filled a home with smoke.

Firefighters from Peel and Kirk Michael attended the property at Close Quane just before 1am after a carbon monoxide alarm was activated.

A cracked glass panel in the wood burner resulted in the smoke entering the address.

Precautionary medical checks were carried out at the scene by the ambulance service.

More from Isle of Man News