On Air The Morning Show Marc Tyley | 9:30am - Noon

Crews called to fire after person falls asleep cooking

Neighbour gets occupant out after hearing alarm

Emergency crews were called to a fire in the north of the Island this weekend after someone fell asleep whilst cooking after returning from a night out. 
 
The incident happened at 1:45am on Saturday (21) at a property on Stanley Mount West, Ramsey.
 
On arrival, crews discovered the flat was smoke logged due to burnt food and the occupant out of the property, thanks to a neighbour who assisted after hearing the fire alarm.  
 
IOM Fire and Rescue is reminding the public never to leave cooking unattended and never to cook if feeling tired or under the influence of alcohol.

It was a busy shift for crews in Ramsey as they were called out later on the same night to a domestic flooding.

At 3:25 Saturday morning (21), crews in the north were mobilised again, this time to a property on Jurby Road.
 
The occupants had managed to stop the water prior to the service's arrival.

Crews isolated the electrics to the affected area and ensured the property was safe.

More from Isle of Man News