On Air The Morning Show Marc Tyley | 9:30am - Noon

Crews called to wood-burning stove fire

Blaze extinguished and made safe

Emergency services were called to a fire on Fairfield Avenue in Ramsey yesterday (17 Dec), caused by a wood burning stove.

Crews from Ramsey, Laxey and Douglas fire stations were sent to the scene after it was reported there was a smell of burning in the area.

Thermal imaging equipment was used to find the exact cause, identified as hot embers from the flue of a wood burning stove.

The fire was confined to the immediate area then extinguished by crews, who remained on the scene afterwards to ensure it was safe.

Isle of Man Fire and Rescue Service has since issued safety advice for users of wood burning stoves on proper installation, regulation, and chimney cleaning.

More from Isle of Man News