On Air The Morning Show Marc Tyley | 9:30am - Noon

Disposable barbecue sparks gorse land fire

Crews spend more than three hours tackling fire

A disposable barbecue was found to be the cause of a fire at Groudle Glen Railway this afternoon.

Emergency services spent more than three hours tackling the blaze after gorse land had caught fire.

Twelve ferry journies were needed to get access to sufficient water to douse the flames and dampen the area.

Station Officer Richard Harvey says it highlights what can happen if you don't dispose of things properly:

More from Isle of Man News