A blaze at a fifth-floor flat in the Spectrum apartments building on Douglas promenade last night sparked a call-out of all the emergency services.
Police, fire and ambulance attended the incident at around 9pm, as initial reports suggested there may be people inside.
It also prompted the closure of a section of the prom, and the whole building was evacuated.
The flat was extensively damaged and the residents, who it was discovered were not in at the time, will have to be rehoused while it's repaired.
The damage was at least contained, as this fire officer told Manx Radio: