Road had to be closed whilst blaze extinguished
More details about an incident at a house on Douglas Head road yesterday afternoon have been released.
Police called the Fire Service, saying a property looked to be on fire.
On arrival it was found to be a chimney fire.
After failing to put it out by using chimney rods and a hose reel from the grate, the officer in charge of the incident decided to call for the Aerial Ladder Platform to attack the blaze from the stack.
This meant the road had to be closed for a time, due to the size of the appliance.
The fire was successfully extinguished, following the use of the platform, and the fire engines returned to base.