Flats evacuated after electrical fire
Fire crews in Ramsey had an early start on Tuesday morning.
They were called at 7am to a fire at The Towers flats on Brookhill Road where residents had reported smoke coming from an electrical meter box.
All the occupants of the building had been evacuated and the fire had been extinguished prior to the arrival of fire services.
Crews remained on site for around 30 minutes as they waited for Manx Utilities to arrive and isolate the affected circuit and make the electrics safe.
The residents had been alerted to the fire by a smoke detector in the building . . and fire services say it shows once again how the devices can save lives.